Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Is it just me, or is anyone else involved in this exercise suffering from writer's block?

It's not so much even a blockage as such ... more like paralysis. From the neck up. I have thousands of things flying around in my belfry. And this is going to be one long day for me, this election. I almost wish we had cable so we could keep an eye on things.

My husband suggested instead of writing six pages per day, every day; instead, writing seven pages for six days and then taking a break one day a week, to recouperate. Lovely idea. And since I'm already behind 12 pages, having not even started yet, I guess shooting for eight or ten pages per day, to make up for all the other times I put it off or feel ill or life invades my computer room -- now all those wry procrastination jokes by Chris Baty on the NaNoWriMo site, are starting to make perfect sense. I have thought of more ways to kill time during the last two days than I can remember in recent history.

You would think I was putting off doing housework. Or going to the dentist.

For instance, I just spent a big chunk of time trying to figure out how to get the comments inabled. Why? To kill time, of course! Who gives a crap if comments are enabled?

So anyway, comments are now enabled.

Go vote.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go. Go. Go. You write several blog posts a month that run thousands of words each. You can do 50,000 words in 28 days.

-Jeff
http://www.struat.com/here/

Mary Lou said...

Ok you're falling behind here!! Let's get with it!!! Come on!!! You can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, I'm goin'. Sheesh.

I got the outline done. Does that count?

I'm still depressed. Half the country seems depressed. Maybe I'll write about depression.

lol.

K.